Saturday, March 31, 2012

Even More New Additions


I couldn't resist - the Theodore Payne Foundation had its semi-annual Poppy Day plant sale at its nurser in Sun Valley today, and I wanted to check it out. They had discounts on all plants, and additional discounts for members like me, so with some money still in our plant budget, I went and checked it out.

I ended up getting a California Fuschia (left)  and a Sagebrush (right), as well as some deergrass and California festuca grass seeds.


I had to be at the Library anyway for a meeting, so after that I went ahead with planting these new babies, both in Area 2:



There were still some plants from last week that didn't get in yet, so I got to those. First, a pair of deergrasses to join the festucas in the back:



Now the Purple Sage, which joins the much-larger Cleveland Sage in the back:


It was also a time to witness some new Douglas Irises ready to pop out:


No comments:

Post a Comment